Since joining Harris Moure in 2010, Hilary has earned a reputation as a fearless advocate for local businesses. Hilary’s clients—start-ups, entrepreneurs, and companies in all stages of development—value her bold approach to business strategy.
Hilary’s clientele reflects the diversity and ingenuity of the Northwest’s business climate. She takes pride in her strong client relationships, which allow her to hone in on each company’s unique needs and goals. Nothing brings Hilary greater satisfaction than helping a young business thrive in a cutting-edge industry.
The Puget Sound Business Journal recently named Hilary as one of seven deal makers of the year for 2013. She was by far the youngest and the only private practice attorney to garner this honor.
From Al Jazeera America to CNN, Fox News, and The New York Times, major media outlets have turned to Hilary for her on-the-ground perspective on emerging business law. Hilary is also an aggressive litigator, having argued and won contentious cases in Superior and District court. She regularly appears before City Councils and community forums, where she advocates tirelessly for the local businesses she represents.A Florida native, Hilary continues to explore the sights and sounds of Seattle through long-distance running, often with Georgia, her Cane Corso mastiff, in tow.
More About Hilary
- "Washington Senate Bill 5887: A Blending or a Battlefield?," Culture Magazine, May 2, 2013.
- "WAmsterdam: Cannabis Tourism in Washington," Culture Magazine, April 3, 2013.
- "The Legal Relationship between Cannabis and Driving," Culture Magazine, March 6, 2013.
- "Federal-State Conflicts on Cannabis," Washington Wire, January 10, 2013.
- "Legal Pot: Oregon, Washington, and Marijuana Law," Oregonian Speaker Series, Portland, OR, August 21, 2014.
- "Marijuana and Intellectual Property," Law Seminars International, Seattle, July 11, 2014.
- "Medical Marijuana in Illinois," The Seminar Group, Chicago, June 13, 2014.
- "Cannabis & The Law," at MJBA‘s all-day legal seminar at Bellevue Sheraton, May 22, 2014.
- "The Inlander's Cannabiz Forum, " Spokane, WA, April 16, 2014.
- "Federal vs. State Update on I-502 and Washington State," Washington Educational Series Event, October 1, 2013.
- "I-502 Licensing," Second Annual Pot Talk: "How to Obtain an I-502 License," October 3, 2013.
- "Cannabis in Washington State," Seattle University Street Law Class, December 11, 2013.
- "Government Relations and Cannabis: The Effects of the Most Recent Cole Memo," National Cannabis Industry Association, August 29,2013.
- "Washington city sued over its ban on marijuana businesses," Al Jazeera America, June 5, 2014.
- "Pot Growers Can't Use Federal Irrigation Water," King 5 News, May 20, 2014.
- "Cannabis Concerns," interview, Seattle Channel, April 4, 2014.
- "Medical marijuana outlets prepare as Washington lawmakers ponder their fate," Puget Sound Business Journal, March 12, 2014.
- National Marijuana Legalization interview, MSNBC Disrupt, February 2, 2014.
- "Weed Startups In Washington Face Huge Challenges," Business Insider, January 14, 2014.
- "I-502 and city of Seattle Cannabis zoning," Seattle Channel, May 3, 2013.
- "Confusion still crowds legal pot in Washington," BC CTV, June 12, 2013.
- "Joint venture: With 1-502 now in effect, Seattle has become ground zero for the state's recreational pot market," Seattle Magazine, September 2013.
- "A legal high: Practicing marijuana business law, Puget Sound Business Journal, August 22, 2013.
- Attorney, Harris Moure (2010-Present)
- Intern, U.S. Army Judge Advocate General Corps in Grafenwhoer, Germany (2009)
- Certified Legal Intern, Legal Services of Greater Miami Housing Clinic (2009)
- National Cannabis Industry Association
- King County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Florida State Bar Association